Welcome to the PSAC Local 90140 website for Commissionaires NB/PEI.
Message from our employer on May 19th: The Commissionaires NB & PEI Division will be submitting an application to the Government of PEI for the COVID-19 Support for Essential Workers Program.
The parameters of the program per the government web site are:
Eligibility Information – Essential Workers earning $3,000 per month or Less
An eligible employee must:
- be a resident of Prince Edward Island for at least six months and legally authorized to work in Canada;
- be employed in any business or organization providing ‘essential services’ as defined by the PEI Chief Public Health Office as of May 11, 2020;
- have earnings $3,000/month or less (gross) in a consecutive four-week period during the program eligibility period from April 6, 2020 through to July 26, 2020;
- have an hourly wage of less than $18.75/hr; and
- have worked a minimum of 60 hours during the consecutive four week period selected (ie. April 6, 2020 – May 3, 2020) (Note, the eligible employees must have worked the minimum required hours prior to receiving payment under the program).
Employees are only eligible to receive this support once and cannot access this support from multiple employers.
We are working to establish a report which accurately captures the wages and hours in the format required by the province. An update will be provided once we have that process set.
Notice: The government of PEI announced on May 7th: “Essential workers who have been working through the pandemic and make less than $3,000 per four-week period will receive a one-time payment of $1,000 through their employers. Approximately 17,000 Islanders will benefit from this incentive. Employers can fill out the application form on behalf of their eligible employers by visiting the COVID-19 business page.”
On May 13th the page was created (click here) on the PEI Government website and our employer has been contacted about the form. Please click on the link to view the requirements to be eligible.
What does our union do for us? Click here
To see our PSAC website page click here
Bargaining update: Our Collective agreement signing pages have recently been counter-signed by the Employer. This means that your new collective agreement (term: April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2023) is now officially in effect.
Download our NEW 2018-2023 Collective Agreement here
Paper copies have now been printed and will be distributed to work sites shortly. If you wish to have a copy please contact John MacKay firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep checking for updates.
President: John MacKay
Treasurer: Donna Marie
902-629-9411 Trustee: Don MacInnis